Monday, January 28, 2008

The classics never die

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, LEGO!

That's right, those colorful little interlocking bricks have been around for fifty years now. That's half a century of creative building fun.

Despite all the new high tech "toys", Lego continues to hold onto it's spot in popular culture around the world. There are very few who haven't owned at least a basic Lego set at some point in their life. Over the years, a myriad of different sets have been manufactured, from Star Wars to Ancient Egypt. But it's the heart of the toy that continues to endure.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to my attic to dig out my own set of Legos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love playing with my kids' legos. And they're dying to go to LegoLand in San Diego...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever outgrow my legos.